September 1, 2009

I so called it...

I didn't think about it at the time because when we were house hunting things like "dog park" and "proximity to downtown" were paramount. Where the mailman puts the mail, well, it didn't enter into the equation. The thing is, the 'new' house has a mail slot in the door, not a mailbox. I didn't give it a second thought when I saw it. Until an epiphany on the weekend while I was driving. Hmmmm....Rory. Rory and paper. Rory snagging any paper he can get his lips on and tearing said paper to shreds. Hmmmm...Rory and a mail slot. Oh no!!! Sure enough, the first casualty was a bill from the satelite company. Itty bitty pieces. Do you suppose there exist dog-proof mail catchers?

1 comment:

The Boss Bitch said...

There are mail catchers you can buy that hook onto the slot ... I know I've seen them. May have to invest or just replace the slot with an actual box outside!