February 24, 2009

Zestfully Clean (Dog Lesson 246-Y.71)

Sometimes, when you leave for work and it's still dark out, it's a good idea to drag out a really bright light (maybe the one you keep in the interrogation room if you have access to such a thing) and check what you're wearing. I don't mean that you should check for the usual things, like do the colours go together, do you have loose threads... though it certainly doesn't hurt to check these too. No, what I'm talking about is much more nefarious than what you can spot with a quick check in the mirror by the door before you leave. Worse even than little tiny woven-into-your-clothes Ridgeback hairs. It's dog SLOBBER. I have a terrific, down-filled, puffy, full-length black coat I wear on really cold days. Walking the dogs, going to work, whatever. This is the best coat ever. Let me tell you something. When a dog (and we know it wasn't Seth) slobbers all over you in exuberance each and every time he executes a perfect recall at the park, it adds up. Apparently, my wiping off the visible wet globs from the nylon surface of the coat really wasn't accomplishing much. Today I had a mid-afternoon appointment that had me outside in the fullness of a crisp, bright Alberta-blue-sky day. Have you seen the Dove soap commercial with the two ladies in their post-shower towels and the 'artist rendition' of what soap scum looks like on their bodies? Smeared, wiped and dried dog slobber on a black winter coat looks much the same. Oh yeah, I was hot today baby.


REPLACE THIS WITH THE REST OF YOUR OF YOUR POST.

No comments: