August 20, 2008

Bad, bad, bad

Yah, I'm bad for not having posted to the blog for over a month - there is more to come, really.

And Rory's bad for eating one of our outdoor chairs. And my new Merrell water sandals. And he has this obsession with a throw-pillow that I keep on my favourite chair in the living room. My brother gave me the pillow, which is embroidered with "My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am." I don't know what kind of person Rory thought I was last night when I got home, but it probably isn't good. I was prepared for the cushion and the chair, since Norm had called me already (conversations that begin with "YOUR puppy..." are never good). Norm then came to pick me up downtown, and by the time we got home Keelan had managed to rescue what was left of my new sandals (non-salvagable in any event) and the throw-pillow had once again been stolen from the living room. Rory is now an eight-month old puppy in a very large body, intent on sniffing, poking (and if nobody is looking, chewing) EVERYTHING. Don't get me wrong, he absolutely oozes charm, and is completely adorable if you happen to be in the same room with him. I'm off to the store tonight to look at a collar and sensor/deterent device that I saw there a while back, since the baby-gate intended to keep Rory in the kitchen while we are out is no longer a challenge for him.

No comments: