November 19, 2012

Family Bathroom, continued


Norm says this post and the photos will be super boring for regular people. I say it's my blog today and this is what I want to put in it.

Really, who wants to see my stud(s)? I do have a few shots from behind, of Norm on his hands and knees pulling nails from the floor but good judgment got the better of me and I'm not posting them. Here.





All the drywall was taken out, courtesy of my future son-in-law (thanks Josh!) and Norm spent yesterday finishing the wiring and adding insulation to the exterior wall.

I spent yesterday reading.

It's a hard life. But trust me, I need to do this so that when it comes time to tile and grout I will be well-rested and up to the task.


 


Here's a sneak-peek of the tub in place. It doesn't look very exciting, but if you could see what I see in my head you would be excited.

And maybe overwhelmed. Sometimes what goes on in my head isn't good for public consumption.

Drywall went up today. Quarter inch for the first layer then half inch for the second layer. Some neat stuff called tile backer for the tub surround - it's almost fancy enough that you don't need the tile.


I'm sad to report that there isn't a way for me to have my longed-for heated floor in this bathroom. It requires a dedicated circuit and there isn't a good way to make that happen. I've almost gotten over the disappointment. I say focus on other things, like the fact that when I'm in this bathroom hopefully I'm in a nice deep soaker tub full of hot water, listening to music, instead of just standing around on a tile floor. On that note, we also decided not to retro-fit speakers into the walls or ceiling - Norm found this teeny little blue tooth speaker. We'll be able to stream music right from our smart phones (including the spa station on Sirius satellite) so this works for me. The sound is fantastic considering how small it is. Also, it won't electrocute me.

No comments: